Friday 24 July 2015

The box arrives!

Blimey! I never thought I'd be so excited about a box. Arriving yesterday, there it was on the work top in the kitchen, waiting to be opened. I came over all of a dither when I saw the label...John Hunt Publishing - The Madness and the Magic.
That's my book, or books - all 12 of them, there in that box. I rang the husband. I rang off before he answered. Should I wait and open it in ceremonious fashion and savour every second? Then youngest son George appeared and made the decision for me, diving in with a knife, carving the cardboard roughly and diving in to pull out the plastic wadding stuff on the top.
Then at last, he lifted the baby from the jagged edges and out of the cardboard womb.
The Madness and the Magic is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment